TERMS AND CONDITIONS Methods - It is agreed: If the property to be inspected is residential this inspection will be performed in accordance with ASHI Standards of Practice and Codes of Ethics, FABI Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics (see links contained in the footer of this page), and the following specific terms and conditions . If the property to be inspected is commercial the inspection will be performed in accordance with ASTM E-2018 Standard Guide for Property Condition Assessments with exceptions as noted on Light Commercial Inspection page. Methods clarification: Informed Inspections, Inc. performs the inspection with consideration given to the age of the structure, items marked good will in all cases be considered good for the age of the item. Also, items in a condition that warrants remediation will be marked as such, even though the condition may be normal for the age. Opinions vary from person to person and the report is the opinion of the inspector and must be considered as such.
1. Informed Inspections, Inc. will provide a written report to the Client of the findings of the requested inspection services performed on the designated property. Client understands that only the client on this contract shall be entitled to the information contained in the inspection report. But, it is understood by both Informed Inspections, Inc. and the client, that the client can distribute copies of the report as they deem necessary.
2. Exclusion: Informed Inspections, Inc. shall have no obligation to repair or replace any items found to be defective, whether or not discussed in the Informed Inspections written report. Informed Inspections visual inspection of the roofing and attic space cannot definitively determine if the inspected roof currently leaks or is watertight, the assessment made is on visible material conditions only as observed at the time of inspection.
3. Client represents and assures Informed Inspections that Client has secured all approvals necessary for entry onto the premises to be inspected. Client further agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Informed Inspections, Inc. from demands or claims alleging a trespass upon the premises to be inspected. It is the responsibility of the Client or Clients Agent to ensure the utilities are on at the time of inspection. Informed Inspections, Inc. recommends that the client check with the local building authority for permits on all additional construction performed on the property after the original construction.
4. Client agrees to pay the designated fees when scheduling the inspection services requested of Informed Inspection, Inc. Payment of the fee entitles client to access to their report, which will be archived on-line. The client is free to download and print copies. Payment, in check, cash, or credit card, is due prior to scheduling the inspection.
5. This authorization, with its terms, conditions and disclosures, constitutes the entire agreement between Informed Inspections, Inc. and the Client. Both parties agree that there is no representation, statement or agreement not set forth herein or incorporated by reference. No waiver, alteration of modification of this contract shall be valid unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of both parties. This contract shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of Florida. The liability of Informed Inspections is limited to the terms and conditions as set forth in this contract between Informed Inspections, Inc. and the Client.
6. In granting the authorization to proceed with the inspection, the Client certifies that they have read the Terms and Conditions of this inspection, accepts them, and guarantees that they have full authority to execute this contract.
7. Client understands that the inspection is only good at the time of inspection and Informed Inspection, Inc. assumes no responsibility for the conditions at the inspected property post inspection as other parties may alter the condition of the property.